Saturday, May 28, 2005

Tall-hand Luke & The Leper

Luke is saying such funny things every day now. I'm happy to have this place to keep track of them. In the car yesterday we asked him to try to reach a toy that Teo had pushed too far away. We heard Teo stop crying and then Luke said, "I reached it, Mommy. I have a tall hand." I started calling him "Tall-hand Luke." Then later he cried out and told us, "My penis is ouchie." He is also using the word "very" now all the time, in place of the word "really," as in "But I very want to," and "I very like ice cream."

Matteo's eczema is terrible. We think it's because Tina has chicken adobo, which has soy sauce in it. Today she didn't eat anything she's not supposed to, and all of a sudden he broke out into hives all over his belly and his back. They looked awful, raised white bumps and bright red, angry skin below them. We took him to the pediatrician on Thursday and he recommended taking Teo to a pediatric allergist. He gave us a referral, and when I was looking the doctor up on the internet later to find his phone number, I found a CT Magazine article that called him the best pediatric allergist in the state. I couldn't get Teo an appointment to see him until September 12, though! Later I was telling my colleague Judy who has the office next to mine at work about it, and it turns out the doctor is a good friend of hers. She said he was away for the Memorial Day Weekend, but that she would call him early next week and get Teo an appointment. Yay! Today when we were driving home from camp (Teo's first day at camp!) I looked back at the boys and said "What handsome boys we have! Even the leper!" He really does look like what I imagine a leper would look like with his face so rough and raw. He's so cuddly and smiley and cute, though. One of my students said last week that he was the cutest baby she'd ever seen and that we should send his picture into Pottery Barn Kids. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home