Friday, April 22, 2005

No Hands!

Lately I've been feeling perennially guilty that I'm not writing down all the cute things that Luke keeps saying in our family journal and tracking Teo's every milestone in his baby book because I'm too busy messing around on my laptop all the time. Then, in a surprising flash of common sense, it occurred to me tonight that a new blog is a great way to both document and share cute stories about the boys. For those of you who don't know, blog stands for "web log," and is basically an internet diary in which you can post text entries, photographs, links, video, etc. It is like an extroverted scrap book on cocaine. Sounds right up my alley, no?

So tonight Kate is visiting; tomorrow I'm taking her to "Simply Smith," an admissions day for high school sophomores and juniors. Luke was very excited to see her and they played pirates for a long time. At dinner, Luke had to run and pee. (The child never has to pee until we sit down to a meal. Then, he always has to pee. What's with that? Is it some weird stomach/penis connection that women don't know about?) Anyway, Kate and I were talking and chomping on pepperoni and mushroom pizza when he came back and sat down again in his chair. He immediately chanted "Hey Trina, Trina, Trina," and then, when he got her attention, he flourished both hands and said, "I can pee with no hands." He was clearly quite proud. Kate was uncharacteristically speechless. Now I understand why the kid always gets pee all over the rim.

Meanwhile, Teo, at only five months old, simultaneously reached two different milestones this week. He sat up on his own (no props) for a good long time, long enough to be called sitting up. Then he discovered his penis. He was in the bath doing what Tina calls his crunches. The kid has extraordinary abs for a five-month-old. Then he looked down, cocked his head in curiosity, and reached out and grabbed it. After exploring for a few minutes, he smiled and sighed, "Ahhh!"

3 Comments:

Blogger Peterson Toscano said...

Whoa Whoa! I love this. Now I would rather be there myself to see all of these wonderful changes and moments in the boys' lives, but it is great that I can see some of it from the road. Thanks!

11:25 PM  
Blogger leeapeea said...

Let me tell you, in 25 years (which is about the limit of MY experience) they don't change a hell of a lot.

Good thing yours are cute too. ;-)

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Granma Aubin says that she was a real dummy and didn't realize there were more articles other than the one highlighted. Also, she thinks that she didn't send her comments in the appropriate form and thus they were lost forever. So, here goes again. I love this! Love, Gran

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home